Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ganaa, Mongolian Ibex


I am seriously working on some storylines and such for a book containing the character Mr Squiche. My idea is to present something with a biblical moral, but that also exposes people (kids?) to other cultures around the world. So perhaps a side-missions focus... who knows. So this one I have decided to place in Mongolia. For that I needed some kind of good Mongolian animal character. I decided on the Siberian Ibex. I remember finding one of their horns out in the steppes when I was there in 2003, and so I figured it would make a good character. I used the name of our hostess (her husband's ger was where we stayed while in the countryside), Ganaa. I also learned a song from her about a winged horse. Anyway, here is Ganaa, the Ibex who will help Mr Squiche find the elusive temple...

No comments: